I’m going to take a break from my regular writings and post something just for fun this time. I always wondered what would happen if cartoon characters aged. So I’m just going to do some speculating and take a few wild guesses. Here goes:
1) The ‘Peanuts’ characters would all be grandparents by now. Snoopy would definitely be dead, but his descendants would still be acting like flying aces, except the doghouses would be probably F-14 Tomcats in Operation Desert Storm instead of Sopwith Camels in World War I. Charlie Brown’s grandson probably wouldn’t be as wishy-washy as Charlie Brown would have no doubt married Lucy or Peppermint Patty. About the only difference would be Charlie Brown the third would be able to kick a football.
2) In Looney Tunes, Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam would probably be in jail for hunting endangered species like talking rabbits and Tasmanian Devils. In the Road Runner and Coyote, the Coyote would probably be using Acme Predator Drones to try and catch the Road Runner. Sadly, Foghorn Leghorn would probably be living on a factory farm in a small cage.
3) In ‘Superman’, Clark Kent/Superman would have recently celebrated his 100th birthday and probably have a 75th anniversary party with Lois Lane.
4) In ‘Batman’, Bruce Wayne would probably be long since retired. The Joker and Riddler would have long since been given life sentences in prison. And Bruce Wayne would probably be a trillionaire by now. With inflation being what it is, a single billionaire won’t go as far as he could fifty to sixty years ago.
5) ‘Sherlock Holmes’ would no doubt be much like modern day CSI shows. But he’d still be on Scotland Yard’s hit list even in 2014.
6) In ‘The Simpsons’, Bart and Lisa would be in their early to mid thirties. Bart would probably be finishing up a five to ten year stint in Springfield State Prison or beginning a career in politics. Lisa would probably have 2 or 3 PhD’s and well on to a Nobel Prize winning career.
7) The ‘South Park’ kids would be in their mid 20s. Stan would go on to be a star college quarterback and married to Wendy Testaburger. Kyle would probably have become a lawyer. Cartman would probably be in prison or running ponzi schemes. Kenny would have either gotten out of poverty or died for the 500th time.
8) Futurama hasn’t happened yet as it takes place in the 31st century. So it could face the most changes of any cartoon between now and the year 3000.
This list was only meant for fun. I’m sure I’ve forgotten many other popular cartoons or fictional characters. I hope it was enjoyed.
Pingback: Reading Digest: Super Bowl Menagerie Edition | Dead Homer Society
Thank you. Sorry I took so, so long to respond. I guess I should check my old comments more often. I try to respond to all that comment on my site.